Laboratory for Integrated Bioinformatics, RIKEN Center for Integrative Medical Sciences
Our main area of research is the analysis of various human health-and environmental- related metagenomics systems. We are developing powerful, high-throughput open-source tools and databases for the comprehensive analysis of metagenomic and bacterial genomic sequence data. The ultimate goal of our research will be to model and predict the behavior and interactions of whole environments of organisms.
Do you want to donate funds for our research? Find out how to here.
- "Comparative analysis of DNA word abundances in four yeast genomes using a novel statistical background model." Hariharan R, Simon R, Pillai MR, Taylor TD. PLoS One 8(3):e58038. (March 5, 2013) PMID 23472131
- "Acetate-producing bifidobacteria protect the host from enteropathogenic infection via carbohydrate transporters." Fukuda S, Toh H, Taylor TD, Ohno H, Hattori M. Gut Microbes 3(5):449-454. (September 1, 2012) PMID 22825494
- "Functional assignment of metagenomic data: challenges and applications." Prakash T, Taylor TD . Briefings in Bioinformatics 13(E6):1-17. (July 6, 2012) PMID 22772835
- RIKEN Quantitative Biology Center - Research Highlight > New Algorithms for Metagenomics . June 22, 2012
- "Fast and accurate taxonomic assignments of metagenomic sequences using MetaBin." Sharma VK, Kumar N, Prakash T, Taylor TD. PLoS ONE 7(3):e34030. (April 4, 2012) PMID 22496776
Tools and Resources
The servers are back up and running again. Sorry for any inconvenience. If you experience further trouble please let us know.
- ConjoinG - a database of Human Conjoined Genes
- MetaBin - a program for accurate, fast and highly sensitive taxonomic assignments of metagenomic sequences
- MetaBioME - a database to explore commercially useful enzymes in metagenomic datasets
Meetings and Events
- RIKEN Publications
- Press Releases
- Grants and Awards
- Presentations since April, 2008
- Useful Links
- Contact Us
- --Internal Use Only--