The aims of the laboratory are to provide centralized bioinformatics support for the other research laboratories in this center, with a special emphasis on metagenomics and bacterial genomics related projects. We are developing an infrastructure of pipelines and tools for the efficient handling of both small-scale and large-scale datasets and for the analysis of various types of data produced from expression profile analysis, transcription network analysis, biomarker discovery analysis, and so on, with a special emphasis on metagenomic and metatranscriptomic analysis. We are interested in the analysis of both human health- and environmental- related metagenomics systems. We continue to developing useful open-source tools and databases for the comprehensive analysis of metagenomic and bacterial genomic sequence data.
Do you want to donate funds for our research? Find out how to here.
- "Comparative analysis of DNA word abundances in four yeast genomes using a novel statistical background model." Hariharan R, Simon R, Pillai MR, Taylor TD. PLoS One 8(3):e58038. (March 5, 2013) PMID 23472131
- "Acetate-producing bifidobacteria protect the host from enteropathogenic infection via carbohydrate transporters." Fukuda S, Toh H, Taylor TD, Ohno H, Hattori M. Gut Microbes 3(5):449-454. (September 1, 2012) PMID 22825494
- "Functional assignment of metagenomic data: challenges and applications." Prakash T, Taylor TD . Briefings in Bioinformatics 13(E6):1-17. (July 6, 2012) PMID 22772835
- RIKEN Quantitative Biology Center - Research Highlight > New Algorithms for Metagenomics . June 22, 2012
- "Fast and accurate taxonomic assignments of metagenomic sequences using MetaBin." Sharma VK, Kumar N, Prakash T, Taylor TD. PLoS ONE 7(3):e34030. (April 4, 2012) PMID 22496776
Tools and Resources
The servers are back up and running again. Sorry for any inconvenience. If you experience further trouble please let us know.
- ConjoinG - a database of Human Conjoined Genes
- MetaBin - a program for accurate, fast and highly sensitive taxonomic assignments of metagenomic sequences
- MetaBioME - a database to explore commercially useful enzymes in metagenomic datasets